Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Too Many Tabs Open

So I find myself in a strange predicament. Instead of having no ideas for blog posts, I have too many. I have 5 drafts sitting in here waiting to be finished because I can't seem to focus my mind on just one. I will prevail though, and while you wait, here is something that I think is super awesome.

I love Jade's photography and the message that it sends to all woman who have brought babies into the world. She recently was pretty hot in the press after Facebook took down a picture she posted of numerous woman breastfeeding in the nude together (nipples were censored in accordance with guidelines to protect people from the evils of boobs) and then banned her for a day. Whether you support breastfeeding in public, breastfeeding in the nude (which I totally did because I was too lazy to get dressed for the first 2 weeks I was home), or if you are a cover it up or rock the bottle kind of person, you hopefully can still appreciate the fact that this is a form of art expression as well as a depiction of real woman being proud of themselves. I support the mindset of if celebrities can walk the red carpet with their nipples showing, why can't a mother breastfeed in public so these don't bother me one bit. I think it rocks that this woman is raising the self-esteem of not only her subjects, but of other woman who are having trouble adjusting to their new outside self. Below is a link to a Buzzfeed article that was just done on her, check it out if you'd like and let me know what you think.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/this-is-what-post-pregnancy-bodies-actually-look-like?s=mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment