Monday, January 11, 2016

On a Roll

So I bought a film camera. My first camera was a 1976 Honeywell Pentax and I still dig the pictures that little guy took. I went to a local guy that has been collecting cameras for a while and bought myself a Canon A1, or as he kept calling it, The Black Beauty.

I decided that the best medicine for my lack of interest in my photography would be to bring it on back to film and then to do some pictures just for me. I decided to do this by photographing my favorite thing ever, aka Mira. 366 days this year and I will take (at least) 1 picture per day of her in her natural habitat, doing stuff that Mira just does.

I got my first roll back today and discovered a few things.

1. My house is dark, like way darker than I realized.
2. I'm a bit rusty with the whole film situation.
3. When one isn't supplied with an automatic focus, some of the pictures turn out a bit "different".
4. I love them anyway.

You'll notice they are a mixture of decent, ok, and downright blurry, but I've decided even the blurry ones are a part of the story. These pictures are from December 30 through January 4.

























No comments:

Post a Comment